Technologies evolve rapidly, and it becomes complicated for players in the publishing industry to keep up with them and achieve the best results in terms of monetization. Since our creation, our commitment has been to provide innovations to ensure that media publishers benefit from the most efficient setup to grow their audience and ad revenue; and our efforts have borne fruit. Google has selected Opti Digital to be one of the partners able to grant access to publishers to the Google Ad Exchange marketplace. What does it mean? What changes does it bring to Opti Digital? Let’s take a closer look in this article.
Google MCM: where does it come from?
In an industry characterized by constant change, Google aims to actively respond to emerging requirements. For years, Google AdSense has been the fastest and most stable way for many small and medium-sized publishers to generate advertising revenue.
However, those wishing to access premium demand, improved ad quality and increased CPMs needed access to Google Ad Exchange (Google AdX). However, this marketplace was only intended for strategic publications receiving more than 10 million page views per month or meeting certain parameters, effectively cutting out all other sites with smaller audience volumes.
In order to enable them to better manage their ad inventory, Google decided in 2014 to launch the SPM (Scaled Partner Management) program, which allowed access to Google AdX through delegation to channel partners, increasing competition and revenues. Then, in 2018 Google introduced Google Ad Manager (GAM), a confluence of Google’s ad server, DoubleClick For Publishers (DFP), and Google AdX.
Nonetheless, the SPM program had been developed for AdX and had several problems, such as lack of permission options, management features and transparency between publishers and channel partners. Indeed Google paid all revenue to the partner, which redistributed the net revenue to the publisher. The switch to the MCM program serves as a strategic way forward, increasing transparency and security and offering new monetization systems, such as the Open Bidding opportunity. Thanks to the automatic payment option, Google may now directly pay the agreed revenue share to publisher and partner.
Unlock the MCM potential
The MCM program empowers an expert “parent” company to aid a small and medium-sized “child” publisher in managing and optimizing their presence on the Google AdExchange marketplace. With the support of Google MCM partners, like Opti Digital, publishers can delegate the management of part or all of their ad inventory. In this specific instance, the parent company assumes a pivotal role, overseeing and controlling the ad inventory on behalf of its affiliated publishers.
Media publishers may choose between 2 types of delegation, depending on their needs:
- Parent publisher is granted edit ability to oversee child inventory within the child Google Ad Manager (GAM) ad server.
- Parent company retains control over all settings and permissions.
- As a child publisher, you have already owned a Google Ad Exchange property or utilize a Self-Service one, made available to you by the parent publisher.
- Parent publisher has edit capability to manage child publisher’s inventory directly within the parent GAM.
- Access is limited to the ad requests sent by the child publisher to the parent account.
- This level of access, compared to the Manage Account delegation, is more restricted.
At Opti Digital, we excel in seamlessly providing and integrating the latest Google monetization tools for our esteemed customers, fostering a mutually beneficial ecosystem.
Why is it important for medium size publishers?
Achieving maximum return on their advertising inventory is a priority aim for publishing industry players. Publishers, you can swiftly grasp the advantages of the MCM program versus a simple AdSense account. Indeed Google Ad Exchange shows key advantages versus Google AdSense:
- You may challenge the eCPMs thanks to Price Floors.
- You may style native advertisements according to your website graphic chart.
- You may negotiate and deliver programmatic Deal IDs on your new Google Ad Exchange seat: Get a higher CPM, where you are guaranteed a set volume of ad impressions at a predefined price.
- Expand demand partner: Open Bidding is Google’s server-side header bidding solution. You can access a larger number of advertising demand partners, increasing competition and the potential for high bids, and thus also monetisation opportunities.
Opti Digital publishing partners will receive a MCM invitation to their email address and to their GAM. To resolve any doubts or issues, they will be able to count on the personalized support of an account manager.
Since summer 2023, we bundle Google demand in our monetization products, making available a Google Ad Exchange property to small and medium media publishers, either in Manage Account or Manage Inventory delegation mode to optimize their online advertising activity to maximize their revenue.
Being selected as a Google MCM partner gives us exclusive access to cutting-edge Google tools, resources and insights. Most importantly, it gives us access to a hyper-responsive support for our clients.Together with you, we build customized strategies that reach your objectives and achieve higher profitability.
Explore a new chapter for growth with joint support from Google and Opti Digital teams. Have questions or want more info? Contact our team of experts to bring your ad monetization to the next level